Vegetarian Sloppy Joe

My archaeology professor would call these Sloppy Joan's. Warning: this recipe does not list exact measurements but it sure is good.

1 pkg Smart Ground veggie crumbles
1/4 C minced red onion
1 or 2 handfuls of diced tomatoes (or half a can of your favorite canned diced tomatoes)
BBQ sauce/ketchup/Manwich or preferred sloppy joe wet stuff
sandwich buns of your choice

Sweat your onions in just a smidge of o.o. then add Smart Ground until warmed through. Add enough sauce to preferred sticky sauciness and stir in tomatoes. Serve about 1/4 to 1/2 C on the bun of your choice, I used whole wheat rolls but I bet a yummy ciabatta would be good. Garnish with more onions or shredded cheese if you wish. Serve with your favorite potato salad and/or hot buttery corn on the cob. Eat. Enjoy.

*I made my own BBQ sauce however I don't measure the ingredients--I do it all by taste. The ingredients are as follows: ketchup, yellow mustard, minced garlic, molasses or brown sugar (or both), cayenne and red pepper flakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe