Cherry cobbler

I crave cherry pie these days. It's not so much the pie crust that I want as it is the gooey filling, with tart cherries and sugary coating. I love cherry pie.
I'm not at all inclined to make my own pie at the moment, but we went cherry picking today and I came home with almost 7 pounds of tart cherries. That's a lot of tart cherries. So I made this cherry cobbler, instead.
It's awesome. I hope Becky and Holly won't mind if I sample it today before I bring it to the get together tomorrow.

Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse

Filling:
6 cups tart red cherries, pitted
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup water (next time, I'll leave the water out. It was fairly runny. Or add more cornstarch)
4 teaspoons cornstarch

Topping:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a saucepan combine filling ingredients and cook, stirring until bubbling and thickened. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish. Meanwhile, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until it is crumbly. Mix together egg and milk. Add to flour mixture and stir with a fork just until combined. Drop topping by tablespoonfuls onto filling. Bake for 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe