Marinated cucumbers

I'm pregnant. I want to eat a ton of pickles. And when I'm not eating pickles, I want to eat cucumbers. With lots of salt.
This is sort of a cross between pickles and regular cucumbers. I got the idea after eating something similar at my friend Holly's in-laws' house a few weeks ago. And then my friend Crystal told me how she marinated her cucumbers, and I put this together by taste.

3-5 cucumbers, peeled or not (however you like), sliced thick
1 sweet onion
several whole cloves of garlic, peeled
olive oil
vinegar (I used white vinegar, Crystal says she likes red wine vinegar)
kosher salt and pepper

Place the sliced cucumbers in a bowl, sprinkle generously with kosher salt and pepper. Put sliced onion on top, and garlic. Add enough vinegar to the bowl to cover first layer of cucumbers. Pour healthy drizzle of olive oil on top (maybe 1/3 c. or so). Cover vegetables completely with ice water.
Cover bowl, shake to combine. Let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours. The longer you let it soak, the better it'll be. I bet it'll last a week in the fridge -- but if you're pregnant, it's not going to last nearly that long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe