© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
Cookin-jo says: This dough turns out crusty on the outside and soft on the inside, just what my family likes. No one even noticed that it was made with half whole wheat flour. After trying numerous recipes, I was told this was the keeper. From The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna Rathwell German.
2 days | 15 min prep
2 14 inch round pizzas
* 1 1/3 cups water
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups whole wheat flour
* 2 teaspoons yeast
1. Add ingredients in the order given into the bread machine pan.
2. Start dough cycle. (On my machine this takes 2 hours).
3. Once the dough is done remove it from the pan onto a floured work surface.
4. Roll dough to fit the shape of your pan. This recipe makes two 14 inch round pizzas.
5. Brush lightly with olive oil and add toppings. You can hold this dough, with just the olive oil, for a couple of hours in the fridge covered in plastic wrap.
6. Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
7. This recipe is the large sized recipe. It also comes in small and medium.