French toast oatmeal

More oatmeal!
This is the second of the two oatmeal recipes here (the first being the banana nut oatmeal that I made a couple of weeks ago and keep eating like an obsessed woman).
I've adapted it for a few things -- first of which being the microwave, per Alissa's suggestion.

1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1/2 c. milk
1/2-1/3 cup water
3 teaspoons maple syrup, separated
1 1/2 tablespoons raisins, separated
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
A few shakes cinnamon
A few dashes Kosher salt

In a bowl, combine oatmeal, milk, water, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon raisins, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Heat in microwave for 5 minutes at 50 percent.
Top with remaining raisins. Drizzle with remaining teaspoon syrup.

Comments

Alissa said…
One note about microwaving it - I find that I have to use a really big bowl or else it overflows. Otherwise, it's a really easy way to make it. :)
Unknown said…
Yes, I discovered that. :) My microwave finally got the cleaning it needed, though.
Alissa said…
Oh no! Sorry - I really should have mentioned that earlier. I don't think about it much because once I found the right bowl for it, I just always make it in that bowl (the "oatmeal bowl" as it is now known) and I forgot to mention that it can be a big, messy problem. I do kind of enjoy the way the oatmeal grows and bubbles and falls like a wave when it cooks, though. :)
Kelly said…
Oh, yes, that has happened to me! Oops. I have to say, tho, as good as that method for making oatmeal is, nothing beats having it cook overnight in a crock pot. Now that is some good eats.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe