My Mom's Baked Oatmeal

This tastes so good. Kids and grown-ups alike love it.
It's my wonderful mom's recipe so it's got the wholesome stamp on it, but knowing my mom and how careful she usually is with salt, fat and sugar it surprised me that this recipe is a little heavy on all three. I've cut back on each and there testing if it's still delicious when it's a little more nutritious. So far, so good.

3 eggs
1 C oil (3/4 C)
2 C milk
1 C brown sugar (3/4 C)
1 1/2 T cinnamon
2 T vanilla
1 1/2 t salt (scant 1 t)
4 t baking powder
5 C uncooked oatmeal (rolled or quick oats both work fine)
(fruit of any kind chopped is an awesome addition, I've tried pears in one batch and bananas in another)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix/Beat together all but oatmeal until completely combined.
Add oatmeal and mix well. Bake in a greased two quart casserole dish.
40-45 min until golden brown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe