Challenge Day 1

Alright, here we go.


Shannon
The pyramid says 2.5 cups of vegetables and 2 cups of fruit for me every day. Man, that seems like a lot of food. Here's how I did today:
1/2 c. raspberries (eaten in lemon yogurt, so good Alissa!)
1 c. watermelon (I think it might have been a little more, actually)
1 c. squash (sauteed, eaten with salmon for lunch)
1 c. potatoes (with dinner)
1/2 c. corn (with dinner)
1/2 c. melon (snack)

(sorry this is so late, we were writing a bid on a house)

Comments

Alissa said…
My food pyramid says 2.5 cups of vegetables and 1.5 cups of fruits:

1/2 cup raspberries (in yogurt, of course)
1/2 cup- pineapple fruit cup
1/2 cup- 1/2 an orange
1 cup butternut squash (with maple syrup and cinnamon on top)
3/4 cup asparagus (leftover from dinner)
1/2 cup fat free refried beans (in tortilla, do these count?)
1/2 cup veggies on pizza- tomatoes, broccoli and spinach

So, I guess I came up short by 1/2 cup of veggies.
Alissa said…
huh. I *thought* I was behind with my veggies, but I just looked at the numbers and apparently I added wrong. I did make my targets! yay!

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe