Roasted greens with beans

I stole this recipe from the food writer for the WashPost. I've altered it to suit my tastes. Also in honor of the veggie/fruit challenge. :)

One bunch of greens, your choice (kale, collard, spinach, etc)
Half an onion, diced
tomatoes (optional)
One can beans (chickpeas, white beans/canelli work best)
Wash the greens, then put in bottom of a baking pan. Sprinkle onion, tomatoes and beans on top. Season with salt and garlic powder, and drizzle with olive oil.
Roast in 400 degree oven until wilted. (watch closely, it might only take about 5 minutes)

I might add that this is not only a good way to get veggies, but to get iron and protein, too.

Comments

Alissa said…
I especially like that the Food Pyramid considers beans and soybeans to be vegetables. That makes this whole vegetable challenge a lot easier for me. Thanks for the recipes.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe