Crockpot Chicken

This is adapted from a recipe I found here, which she took from a cookbook called Any Bitch Can Cook. I adapted it mostly because I didn't have the ingredients the original recipe called for. It smells tasty, and I bet it's tasty the original way, so I'll put the original ingredients in parens and you can make up your own mind.
Also, I used frozen chicken for this recipe because I started the crockpot at 7:30 and we weren't planning for dinner until 5:30 -- I didn't want the chicken to get dried out. That seemed to work well, so just a helpful little crockpot hint.
One more thing, unrelated to this recipe -- I got a pressure cooker for my birthday! If anyone knows of any good pressure cooker recipes, let me know. I've found some, and I'm searching the recipe sites, but if you guys have any you know of that are good, I'd appreciate it. Will keep you posted on the pressure cooker progress.
And now, the actual recipe.

Crockpot Chicken
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (chicken breasts, split)
1 can Healthy Choice cream of chicken soup (1 can cream of mushroom soup)
1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
1/2 c. dry white wine
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. flour
granulated garlic

Put the chicken, soup, mushrooms and wine in the crockpot, cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Take out chicken, add sour cream and flour, sprinkle with granulated garlic mix together, and then put chicken back in pot. Cook another 30 min on high. Serve over rice or noodles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe