Broccoli-stuffed sole

I had some sole in the freezer I wanted to use and get out of there, so I went looking for recipes.
I adapted this recipe from one found an allrecipes.
Gaby eats fish when I make it, usually with a little bit of complaining, but last night she devoured this. I guess that makes it a good recipe.
I only had 4 fillets, so I took the extra stuffing and added more cheese and rice to it, and Gaby and Ernie ate it with the fish last night. (I'm on a quasi-diet, so I just had salad with mine).

3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 c. panko flakes
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
8 (4 ounce) sole or whitefish fillets

In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, salt, granulated garlic and pepper. In another bowl, combine the broccoli, rice, panko, cheese and half of the butter mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each fillet. Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Pour remaining butter mixture over roll-ups.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with pan drippings; sprinkle with paprika.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe