Caramelized onion and gruyere tart appetizers

I just made this up, based on the full-sized Rustic Onion Tart recipe that I posted here awhile back. I wanted to turn that delicious main dish into an appetizer, so I just adapted it this way. I don't have exact measurements, sizes or times, but there should be enough info here for you to get the point. I'll try to pay more attention next time.

3 large red onions, halved cross-wise and sliced thinly
splash of balsamic vinegar
gruyere cheese, shredded or sliced into small, thin squares
pie crust dough (store-bought or homemade

Saute the onions over medium heat until well browned. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for a few more minutes.

Unroll your pie dough onto a flat surface. Using a small round cookie cutter (or the mouth of a small drinking glass), cut the pie dough into circles that will fit nicely into a mini-muffin pan. I have a water glass that makes the perfect sized circles for my muffin pan. Press the dough into the muffin tin. Place a small amount of cheese in the bottom of each cup. Fill to the top of each cup with onions. Add additional cheese on top of the onions. Bake at 350 until lightly golden brown. (I don't remember how long they took - somewhere in the 20 min vicinity?)

Comments

Brian OK said…
YES PLESE!!!!!!!!!!!! Two of my favorite things. Cant wait to try!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe