Really good steak marinade

I'm not sure if you could use this marinade for anything else, because I've only ever used it for steak (flank steak, to be specific), but I bet it works well for chicken, too.

1/4 c. soy sauce
3/4 c. oil (use whatever kind you like. I use a blend of olive, sesame and corn oils, usually)
2 Tbsp. honey (or a couple of really good squirts from the honey bottle)
1 clove garlic, mashed (I used 3 cloves roasted garlic today)
1 green onion, chopped
1 tsp. ginger powder
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger (or more)

Mix everything together, pour over meat. Marinate for at least 8 hours, up to 12. (probably less than 8 if you're using chicken)

Comments

Alissa said…
That's pretty much the same way I marinate tofu squares before baking it at a high temp. Yum.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe