Her recipe originally came out to 4 WW points per muffin... I used less PB and exchanged some AP for whole-wheat flour, but then added chocolate chips and a little more sugar, so I'm not sure where that ends up exactly.
- 3 ripe medium bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites (I used a big splash of EggBeaters)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp nut butter
- as many chocolate chips as you feel appropriate
Preheat oven to 325°. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
Mash bananas in a bowl, set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce, vanilla, and nut butter, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into muffin tins and bake on the center rack for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.