Cherry Mountain Pie

I'm not sure why they call it pie when it looks like cake, or actually, like cobbler. All I know is that it's quick, easy and good.

1/2 c. butter (you can use 1/4 c. if you're cutting down on fat)
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. milk
1 can fruit (peaches, pineapple, cherries, etc.)

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter (in oven) in 9x13 pan. In bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking powder. Add milk, pour over melted butter. DO NOT MIX. Drop fruit by spoonfuls into batter.
Bake 30-40 minutes.

I also add cinnamon or nutmeg to the top, after I drop the fruit. And I sometimes drizzle some of the fruit juice on the top, too.

Comments

Kristen Blair said…
so i have made this a few times and i love it. i just was telling a co-worker about it and after talking about it, i think i have to make it again this week!

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe