Blasted Chicken

I got this one out of a Sarah Moulton cookbook, but the book is at home so I can't remember the name right now.

3.5 lb chicken (or close to that)
olive oil
salt
pepper
granulated garlic

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle chicken with olive oil, then rub in. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
Bake in oven for 45 minutes. *Note...I roasted an almost 4.5 pound chicken last night, and just added 15-20 minutes to it and it was fine.*
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Yum. The skin gets nice and crispy, and the chicken is really tasty. And, it takes no time at all, which means you could make roast chicken after work.

*****************************
Also, decided to take Alissa/Gwen's suggestions and I made a yogurt sauce for the berries...vanilla yogurt, vanilla extract, a little brown sugar and a lot of cinnamon. I put it in the bottom of the bowl (or tupperware container) and added sliced strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Yum.

******************************
I've got three orange tomatoes I need to do something with (yay farmers market!). Any suggestions, other than just slicing and eating?

Comments

Alissa said…
So, I'm kind of new to the tomato game. I just discovered I liked them a few years ago. Are orange tomatoes different from regular tomatoes? I planted 9 tomato plants in our vegetable garden before anyone told me that 9 tomato plants is a LOT of tomato plants, so.... any tomato recipes would be appreciated.

I like to slice tomatoes and top with basil leaves and slices of mozzarella (the real stuff, not the plastic stuff you buy at the grocery store), then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Eat with yummy italian bread, or slice it all up and make a salad out of it. Yum.
Alissa said…
or, you could make salsa with some onion, cilantro... I'm not sure what else goes in there....maybe some green pepper?
Unknown said…
I will find some tomato recipes and post them...that's a lot of tomatoes. LOL
Orange tomatoes have less acidity than a red one, and they usually taste so much better (in my opinion) than the red ones. There are yellow onces that are good, too. And heirloom tomatoes that come in all sorts of colors when they are ripe, including purple and green. I'm going to plant some heirloom tomatoes next summer, but probably not 9 plants, :)
Alissa said…
yeah.... I didn't know. So, now I have 5 roma tomato plants, and 4 big boy plants, 4 green pepper plants (I don't even like peppers that much) and 1 yellow squash plant. And the yellow squash are coming in curved like a goose neck and bumpy like a gourd, so I'm thoroughly confused. I thought they were going to look like zucchini. I don't know if it makes a difference, though....
Unknown said…
The yellow squash should be okay, the stuff I get from the farmer's market looks like that and is GOOD. You know, you can make red sauce for pasta with Roma tomatoes. Let me know if you like that and I'll post my recipe. And soups, too.
And do you have a stuffed pepper recipe? That's a good way to use up the peppers, aside from fajitas and just raw in salads.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe