orzo with snap peas and summer squash

Another installment in my obsession with pasta salad, part 87 million...

I was watching a cooking show on PBS this weekend -- it turned out to be Everyday Food, which seems to have some connection to M*rtha St*wart, which makes me like it a little less -- that had a bunch of really good-sounding Greek recipes, and one of them was this one. I didn't catch the whole thing and am not exactly sure about amounts of the main ingredients, but I have a feeling you can't go too wrong. The woman making it didn't seem to be measuring much, and she did give the amounts for the dressing. Just guessing, though -- for some reason, the website doesn't have the actual recipe for this one posted. I blame Martha.

Cook 1 box (?) orzo. When water is boiling, toss into the same pot a bunch of halved snap peas with the strings removed and 2 small yellow squash, diced into medium pieces. (Not sure how long the water was boiling before the veggies went in, but I think they stay in just long enough for them to be blanched, so I'm figuring the orzo was at least half-cooked.)

When veggies are tender but still crunchy, drain whole thing in strainer and return to pot.

Into the same pot, add 3T lemon juice, 2T olive oil and 2T grated parmesan.

Serve warm or cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe