Thursday, July 21, 2005

Green beans

It's also the season for fresh green beans, and I've got a bunch of those in the fridge, too, that I'll cook tomorrow for dinner. How are you cooking your green beans these days?
We do it a couple ways in our house:
Steam them
Stirfry with sesame oil and some soy sauce and chili flakes (but that's too hot for Gaby)
Cook in a pot of water with some olive oil and salt until soft
Or...Ernie's favorite...cook in a pot of water with some bacon pieces, until soft. Of course, that's the least good for you, but it's the tastiest.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

I usually just cook them in boiling water or steam them, and then toss with a little bit of butter, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Or eat them plain like snack food. I love green beans. :)

gwen1234 said...

My favorite way is actually just raw, with the ends snapped off, with some balsamic vinegar drizzled on top. Tonight, I also made a lemony pasta salad (shocker) with them as the main vegetable, and it turned out decently.