stewed peaches (crockpot)

Courtesy of my mom -- we used to eat this all the time when I was little. It also freezes well and is kind of good when it's a little icy, too.

Slice a zillion peaches and put them in the crockpot with 1/2-3/4 c. water.

Put in 3 packets of Sweet'N Low (when I sort of balked at this step, my mother said you could also use a few tablespoons of sugar, but "it's fine with the fake stuff! no one's ever complained!" :) and it definitely doesn't taste Nutrasweet-y or anything).

Sprinkle in a lot of cinnamon.

Put the lid on and cook on low for "a very long time," she says -- she leaves it on overnight, 12 or 18 hours, but thinks you probably don't have to do it for that long.

Comments

Unknown said…
You know, I bet you could use splenda instead of sweet and low. Splenda has much less of an aftertaste to me.
Anonymous said…
balk balk balk!! I had to laugh when I first balked at the sweet'n'low (that crazy gwen!) and then read that you had the same reaction. :)

the site changes are so helpful and fun! thanks ladies.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe