Pam Wamsley's Casserole

I got this one from my aunt, who got it from her friend Pam Wamsley. My uncle has heart issues, so my aunt modified to reduce the fat and cholesterol a bit. I'll put in the original ingredients, along with her modifications....

Ingredients
- 2-1/2 to 3 pound chicken, cooked and off the bone (or take the easy way like me, and cook up about 2 pounds of chicken tenderloins)
- 1 12-serving package of Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (use low-sodium, low-fat, or whatever version)
- 1-1/2 sticks of butter (margarine)
- 1 cup sour cream (fat-free)
- 1-1/2 cup chicken stock (2 chicken bouillion (sp?) cubes dissolved in 1-1/2 cups boiling water)
- canned cranberry sauce

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, melt the butter, then stir in stuffing. Mix well, do not add water. Spread 3/4 of this mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Lay pieces of chicken on top.

In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, soup, and just 1 cup chicken stock. Pour or spoon over the chicken and stuffing.

Spread the rest of the stuffing on top, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of stock on top.

Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.

Serve with cranberry sauce on the side. (In my opinion, the cranberry is necessary. Its sweetness/tartness really complements the dish well.)

Comments

Unknown said…
You keep posting these recipes that make me crave them. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe