Pineapple shrimp

Ernie and I joked that yesterday was a Pioneer Woman cooking day. I can't help it, I don't have much time to cook during the week (that should change when I'm home all the time) and a lot of PW's recipes have a lot of butter in them -- which makes me automatically think of "special occasions.
This shrimp isn't really a special occasion type food, it just took a bit to thread all the shrimp through the skewers. Ree's original recipe is here, but here's how I did it. We ate it with my new favorite way to eat potatoes -- smashed -- and corn on the cob. And Ernie was a happy man.

Peeled, Deveined Jumbo Shrimp
Teriyaki Sauce
Chopped Garlic
1 Tbsp. Sugar
Salt
Canned Pineapple Chunks, juice reserved
Lemon juice
Fresh ginger

Make a marinade by combining Teriyaki sauce with remaining ingredients and reserved pineapple juice. Feel free to add whatever ingredients sound good! Stir in peeled/deveined jumbo shrimp and marinate at least a couple of hours. Skewer pineapple chunks with the shrimp and grill until done.

Comments

gwen said…
See, that sounds good and not insane. Her butter usage is usually so prohibitive that I never seriously think about making her recipes.

And I clicked on a green bean recipe today that begins with melting bacon fat. I'm sure it's delicious, but bacon fat, really?
Anonymous said…
these were so delicious. again, Shannon, thanks for planning our father's day dinner. :)
Anonymous said…
anonymous is me.
whoops.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe