Mediterranean kebabs

I made this for dinner last night and it was so, so good. Gaby inhaled her chicken, without any prodding from me. I'll be making this again, and soon.

The original recipe is here.

Four chicken breasts
1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh basil (from my garden!)
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp fresh thyme (from my garden!)
1Ž2 tsp ground cumin
1Ž2 tsp ground coriander
2 large sweet onions chopped into wedges (I forgot to do the onions)
Approximately 20 cherry tomatoes
Three yellow bell peppers cut into chunks (I didn't use this many)
Three orange peppers cut into chunks (I didn't use this much, either)

Mix yogurt, herbs, garlic spices and mustard. Cut meat into 1-inch chunks and marinate in yogurt mixture. Marinate lamb or chicken (we marinated the chicken for about 8 hours)
Thread on skewers, cook on grill until done.
A tip: We find if you thread the chicken on separate skewers than the vegetables, then you can cook everything until it is the appropriate doneness without having stuff burn.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so glad you enjoyed these! My friend WWW is quiet a cook and he will be tickled that someone made this recipe. He made a point of writing everything down so I'd get it right. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe