baked spinach ravioli

These sound very very similar to the recipe Alissa posted below, just with wonton wrappers instead of puff pastry. From the Nasoya Web site:

1 pkg of Nasoya® Won Ton wraps
1 (14-oz) pkg of Nasoya® Organic Firm tofu (I omitted)
10 ounces fresh spinach (I doubled this)
15 ounces ricotta cheese
3/4 c grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
(I added pinches of parsley, cayenne and nutmeg)

Cook spinach with 2 tbsp of water in the microwave or on the stovetop for 5 minutes or until just wilted. Let cool and drain excess water.

Place tofu in a food processor and pulse until it is pureed. Add the ricotta cheese, pulse until combined, then add spinach and grated cheese (and parsley and other spices) and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.

Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Take a wrap and place approximately 2 tbsp of mixture in the center of each wrap. Do not place filling near the edge (and do not try to get more filling in, which will cause in-oven leakage).

Use a pastry brush dipped in water (or just your fingers) and brush edges of wrap. Place a second wrap on top, then crimp edges together tightly with your
fingers or the tines of a fork. Brush ravioli lightly with olive oil and bake in 375°(F) oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Serve ravioli with your favorite marinara

Comments

Alissa said…
Mine were definitely more spanakopita-esque, rather than italian. But I like anything stuffed with spinach and cheese. Yum. I will try these soon. :)
Anonymous said…
mmm...Alissa's sounds good and these sound good. I have some leftover wonton wrappers; now I also have an idea!

Alissa, I love your description. I think "spanakopita-esque" should be the next big movement in art or society or something.
gwen said…
2009: Spanikopita-esque!

Another nice feature of this recipe that I neglected to mention -- the first time I made the ravioli, before new year's, I mistakenly bought a small package of wonton wrappers and ran out long before I'd used all the spinach filling. I took the leftover stuff and mixed it in with boring jarred spaghetti sauce, and it was CRAZY good.
Alissa said…
Hm, I guess I got a small package of wonton wrappers, too, because I have about half of the cheese mixture left over.

Also, 2 Tbsp was WAY too much filling for mine. 1 Tbsp was about the right amount.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe