Cheddar Cheese Risotto

Courtesy of Nigella Express. I've been meaning to try this recipe since my birthday when my MIL gave me this cookbook...pity it took so long to make because it's quite yummy.

1 T butter
1 T veg oil (I used all butter)
2 baby leeks or 2 fat scallions, finely sliced (I had neither and used a bit of yellow onion, minced)
1.5 C arborio rice
1/2 C white wine (I used a sauvignon blanc)
1 t dijon mustard (I probably put in more than that)
4 C hot veg stock
1 C grated cheddar (use sharp cheddar if you have it)
2 T chopped chives (I didn't have any so I used parsley)

Melt butter and oil in a heavy-bottomed pot. I like to use my dutch oven for this. Cook the onions until soft. Add the rice and stir for a minute or so. Add wine and mustard and stir until wine is absorbed. Add a ladleful of hot stock at a time and allow it to absorb. Stir rice before adding the next ladleful of stock. When rice is al dente (about 20 min or so), add cheese and stir until it melts. Serve immediately and sprinkle chives over top. I sprinkled a bit of S&P on as well and served with a mixed green salad. Delish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe