One of the best things about a bread machine is the dough cycle - rolls and pizza dough, coming right up!
My neighbor made these to go with crockpot pulled pork for one of our blizzard pot lucks this past month. When I asked about them, she said she typed "crusty rolls bread machine" into google and made the first recipe that came up. I've made them once following the recipe exactly (plus a few extra minutes in the oven) for sausage, onion and pepper sandwiches. The second time I made them for turkey burgers and I subbed one cup of wheat flour with good results.
These crisp on the outside, tender on the inside rolls won a blue ribbon at the state fair. They have a great flavor!
by Chris from Kansas
3 hours | 10 min prep
* 1 1/4 cups warm water
* 1 egg white
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 3-3 1/4 cups bread flour
* 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast or quick-rising yeast
1. Place ingredients in bread machine pan as suggested by manufacturer.
2. Choose dough cycle and start machine.
3. Upon completion of the dough cycle, remove dough.
4. Form rolls, place on a greased baking sheet.
5. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free location for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.