Pasta with alfredo

I made this for the girls for Valentine's Day yesterday, and Gaby inhaled her entire dinner. I guess it was good.
This was a super easy recipe, and will be the way I make alfredo sauce from now on -- no more buying jarred sauce for me. Yay!

adapted from a Tyler Florence recipe

1 pint heavy cream or light cream, or a combination of the two (this is what I used)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly cracked black pepper
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish

To prepare alfredo sauce: Heat heavy cream over low-medium heat in a deep saute pan. Add butter and whisk gently to melt. Sprinkle in cheese and stir to incorporate. Season with freshly cracked black pepper.
In a large stockpot, cook pasta (I used bow ties) according to package. Quickly drain the pasta and add it to the saute pan, gently toss the noodles to coat in the alfredo. Transfer pasta to a warm serving bowl. Top with more grated cheese and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe