Alsatian cabbage

I know I'm in the minority when I say that I love cabbage. That's ok, I love it anyway.

I made this a few weeks ago, adapted from a recipe I found here. I'd probably have stuck closer to the original, but I didn't feel like measuring anything.


1/2 package of bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 cabbage\, trimmed, outer leaves and core removed, sliced thin
1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds

In a large skillet or Dutch oven (you'll need a cover), cook the bacon crisp. Add the onion as it's prepped, let cook 2 - 3 minutes. Add the caraway and let cook, 1 - 2 minutes. Add the cabbage, stirring well to coat with fat and caraway. Cover and let cook for about 30 minutes, stirring often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe