Garlic and lemon roasted chicken

Man oh man. I go away for a while and Blogger changes everything. I'm back, by the way, with tons of new recipes. One of the perks of not working is that I've got lots of time for cooking.
Lots and lots of time.

And lately, I'm obsessed with Pinterest, where I can pin all of the recipes I see that look interesting. Like this one.

I adapted this from a recipe found here, to match our tastes and feed three grown men, two growing girls, and me. It was fantastic.

6 tablespoons olive oil
3 lemons, 1 1/2 thinly sliced, 1 1/2 juiced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound trimmed green beans
1 pound red potatoes, quartered (if they are small enough, you don't have to quarter them)
5 chicken quarters (you know, the thigh and leg still together)

Preheat oven to 450°F.
Coat a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Arrange green beans and potatoes in the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Rub the oil/lemon juice/garlic mixture over chicken, use all of it. Dot with lemon slices.
Cover with foil, place in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil, bake another 30 minutes. Check chicken to make sure it's done, serve.

One pan, veg, carb, chicken all cooked together. My kind of meal. And there weren't any leftovers, so clearly everyone else loved it, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe