Homemade creamer

So, I'll admit I like my coffee with a lot of sweetener and flavoring.
What I don't like is that the stuff you buy in the store with the flavors also has a lot of oil, preservatives, and HFCS. I try to have as little HFCS as possible.
So, the first day I was on Pinterest I found this recipe, and I'm now on my second batch of homemade creamer.

14oz sweetened condensed milk
14oz milk (whole, lowfat, or skim - doesn't matter)
2 teaspoons extract of choice or coffee syrup (I've made hazlenut and vanilla)
a mason jar (quart is perfect)

 Pour all of the ingredients into your mason jar. Screw the lid on tightly and shake vigorously for a few minutes until well combined.

I think this probably has a pretty short shelf life, but I used one batch in a week, and it seemed fine to me. You could use half and half if you wanted -- if your half and half is like mine, it's got a really long shelf life, so it'd probably make your creamer last longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe