Tortellini bake

So, my kiddo might complain that she can't eat meat one day a week, but she only complains a little when this is for dinner. Also, she very much likes cooking, and this is exactly the sort of recipe where I can put all the ingredients on the counter and say "go to it."
Winning for everyone.

Adapted from here

2 jars alfredo sauce (I used the kind with mushrooms in them)
1 large (20 oz, I think) package tortellini, the cheese/spinach kind
a bunch of broccoli (I had some leftover broccoli and cauliflower, plus some raw broccoli. I didn't bother to measure)
1 1/2 c. water
1/2 c. bread crumbs (homemade, in my case)
2 tsp. olive oil

Mix the alfredo and water in a large bowl.
In a baking dish, combine broccoli and tortellini. Pour alfredo on top, stir to coat.
Bake in 375 oven for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs and oil and stir to combine. Sprinkle on top of casserole (at the end of 45 minutes).
Pop back under broiler for 2-3 minutes (watch close, or it'll burn) to crisp the bread crumbs.

Easy, easy, as Katie would say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe