Hearty tortellini vegetable soup

I think this was a weight watchers recipe that my Gran gave me. No idea on the points, though.


3 c. small mushrooms, quartered
1 c. onions, chopped
1 c. carrots, chopped
1 c. zucchini, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp olive oil
1 (or 3, your choice) garlic cloves minced
1 quart spinach leaves
3 c. canned stewed tomatoes (use the no salt added ones, they taste better)
2 c. low sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp. dill or basil, chopped
56 frozen tortellini (or dried works just as well)

1. In saucepan, combine mushrooms, onions, carrots, zucchini, oil and garlic and stir to coat. Saute about 6 minutes.
2. Add everything except the tortellini, and stir to combine. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
3. Add tortellini and stir; cover and cook until tortellini is soft.
4. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Weird -- I definitely have made this recipe before, but no idea where I saw it, either. I remember it being good, I think. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe