chicken and artichoke casserole (crockpot)

Haven't tried this yet, but I'm planning to this weekend...

1 to 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders (about 8 to 10)
1 bag (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts or canned artichokes, drained
1 cup converted rice
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken Dijon Soup (not sure what that is... I'm going to use some other kind of creamy soup...)
1 cup chicken broth or bouillon
lemon pepper or black pepper
1 cup shredded cheese

Layer rice, chicken and artichokes in the crockpot. Cover with soup & broth, then sprinkle with lemon pepper. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Top with shredded cheese 30 minutes before serving.

Comments

Unknown said…
That sounds really good, but we don't eat converted rice. Do you think if I just used the jasmine rice I always use for everything it'll be okay? Or would I need more liquid?
Alissa said…
I don't even know what converted rice is.....
Anonymous said…
Me neither -- I just went and looked it up:

http://www.foodsubs.com/Rice.html

Looks like you can use brown or white rice instead, although because it's a crockpot recipe, it concerns me that they both take different times to cook. Hm. Maybe better to use the quicker-cooking white just in case?

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe