Alissa's mashed potatoes

OK, this isn't really a recipe, but I have to put in a plug for Alissa's not-so-secret mashed potatoes. The not-so-secret ingredient?

Cream cheese.

Boil the potatoes, mash the potatoes, put a little milk and salt and pepper in the potatoes. Apparently one can also put butter in the potatoes at this step, but I did not. Instead I put in the magical cream cheese, and boy howdy, as they say. I have never made such delicious potatoes. I put in a fair amount of cream cheese, too, because a lot of a good thing is really good.

Alissa + starchy tubers + delicious dairy products = AWESOME.

Comments

Alissa said…
Lol. I hope someone puts
"Alissa + starchy tubers + delicious dairy products" into a search engine and gets to our food blog. THAT would be awesome.

The other secret is that I use garlic and herb cream cheese if I can find it.

Also, these are really Heidi's potatoes. I can't take credit for them. And my neighbor makes them like this, too, so apparently it's not so much a secret. :)
Unknown said…
Oh man. You guys are killing me. And I just happen to have a 5-pound bag of potatoes here. These would go really well with the marinated steak I'm making for dinner tomorrow night.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe