Apricot chicken

Since I'm working my way through cookbooks, I picked out two to get me started. Because eating a recipe from one author every day seems like not so much fun.
In any case, this is from "Mama Now Cooks Like This" by Susan Mendelson. And it was GOOD. Ernie inhaled his chicken, and Gaby ate hers, too, and had some of the leftover sauce on her rice. Which she pronounced was delicious. I'll be making this again.

Preheat oven to 375.

1 5-lb roasting chicken, cut into serving-size pieces. (I used a package of chicken breasts I had in the freezer.)
Combine and heat:
1 c. apricot jam
1/2 c. chili sauce
1/4 c. dry white wine
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. salt

Place chicken in baking pan. Baste thoroughly with sauce. Bake 1 hour until chicken tests done and surface is sticky.
Top with 5 oz. dried apricots during last half hour of baking time.

Comments

Alissa said…
I really enjoyed this, and agree with Gaby that the sauce is delicious. I'm making it tonight for the second time, and I'm just going to cook 2 chicken breasts for myself and Todd, but I'll make the full batch of sauce and save the rest for another night, maybe with pork chops. I liked this recipe better than the recipe I posted in the past for Apricot Chicken. :)
Anonymous said…
So happy that you are enjoying this special recipe from my Grandma Faye! My best regards, Susan Mendelson

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe