Ham and cheese mini frittatas

I'm cooking! Every night! Just like before I go on vacation and then fall into the stupor of having other people (my dad) cook for me, and then come home with no motivation to cook.
Alright, so I set out with this plan before I departed for Angie's wedding/trip to see my parents in Florida -- to cook my way through my cookbooks, and also the cooking magazines I've been saving forever. Plus, to actually make the recipes I see on food blogs that look good.
No more eating spaghetti once a week for us...erm...I mean, no more eating spaghetti quite as much. Because I really love pasta.

I started yesterday with the spinach recipe from the crockpot site, which I just find fascinating -- I'm not sure I could use my crockpot every day. Today I moved on to Rachel Ray. I have to say that I often end up adapting RR recipes -- usually to take out some of the fat -- and I'm always skeptical as to whether the recipe will actually take 30 minutes. This one actually took much less time.
We had this tonight with sticky fries (my mom's version of home fries) and a green salad. I bet it'd be good for brunch, or as finger foods for a party.

from Rachel Ray 30-Minute Get Real Meals (it's the low-carb cookbook. i'm watching my girlish figure, you know)

3 Tbsp. melted butter (I substituted canola spray)
1/4 lb. deli-sliced Swiss cheese, finely chopped
1/4 lb. ham steak or Canadian bacon, finely chopped (I just used deli meat)
A splash of milk or half-and-half
3 Tbsp. snipped or chopped fresh chives
salt and pepper
a few drops of hot sauce (I omitted -- young palates -- but I bet it'd be good)
8 large eggs, well beaten.

Preheat oven to 375.
Brush a 12-cup muffin tin liberally with the butter. (or just use the cooking spray) Divide the cheese and ham evenly among the muffin cups. Add the milk, chives, salt and pepper, and hot sauce to the eggs and fill the cups evenly with the egg mixture. Bake the fritattas until golden and puffy, 10 to 12 minutes. (ours took 15 minutes) Remove to a plate with a small spatula and serve.

Alternative fillings: broccoli and cheddar cheese; cooked bacon and shredded Gouda and sauteed mushrooms.

Comments

gwen said…
Yum. And can we have the recipe for sticky fries, too? Because that sounds really good.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe