Peanut butter dog treats

I love my dog. I mean, a lot. She is part of our family. And yet, it doesn't bother me to buy dog treats in the pet store. Not one bit.
But then I went to visit my parents, you see, and my father is always doing something. Like making dog treats for his two dogs. And Sally, she loved them. And they're not hard to make. And are definitely less expensive than buying them in the grocery store.
So I made my own dog treats today. I'll be making these again, along with the other recipe my dad gave me. And possibly some other ones that I find online.
I know. I'm now one of those crazy dog people. I'm trying to come to terms with that.

This is adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe my dad got from somewhere. I don't know where.

2 c. whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2 pinches cinnamon
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. milk

Combine whole wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl. In medium bowl, microwave peanut butter for 15 seconds to soften, then combine with milk. Stir peanut butter mixture into dry ingredients.
After combined, roll out the dough to about 1/8-inch thick. Either cut out with very small cookie cutters (which is what I did today) or cut into 1" squares (like my dad).
Bake 5-6 minutes, flip, and bake 5-6 minutes more.
Cool completely before feeding to dog. Who will love you even more than she/he already does.

Comments

gwen said…
a) you are totally a crazy dog person now, but that's a good thing

and

b) is it wrong that I read that list of ingredients and thought "hey, that sounds pretty good"? did you taste any? :)
Unknown said…
Ha. Remember there's NO SUGAR in these dog treats. I didn't try one, but Gaby did and she says they're no good.
Kelly said…
I was wondering the same thing! There's no shame in being a crazy dog lady:>

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe