Sticky fries

This is for Gwen, who requested the recipe. I've been wanting lots of potatoes lately, and remembered my mom used to make these when I was a kid. Of course, she made them when she was cooking liver and onions (yuck) for dinner, but I figure I'm not a kid anymore and I can eat them whenever I want.
I had to call her last night to have her remind me how to make them. They're not fancy at all, but they sure do taste good.

Peel some russet potatoes. I think you could really use whatever kind of potatoes you want, I had russets in the house last night. And you don't really have to peel them, I just did.
Slice potatoes thin, but not too thin.
Put them in a microwaveable dish, cover with water, and microwave for about 3-4 minutes, to soften them up but not cook all the way through.
Drain water.
Put oil enough oil in the bottom of a skillet to coat it. (I used my cast iron skillet) Turn heat to medium.
Put potatoes in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and granulated garlic. (or no garlic, your choice) I think an onion might also be good here, but I didn't use one in the hopes that Gaby might want to eat the potatoes. She didn't.
Cook potatoes over medium heat until desired crispiness/softness. They'll stick together, hence the name. They're also not going to be the same amount of crispy on all the potatoes. It's just because they stick together.
Drain on paper towel, then eat the whole batch. Uh...you might want to share them. But eat warm. I'm not sure they'd reheat well, but we've never tried it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe