Mint green tea

My veg aren't even close to being ready to produce yet, but my herbs are going all kinds of crazy. I threw some thyme and rosemary in the short ribs I'm making for dinner tonight, and I made this iced tea to go with it.

3 green tea bags
1 quart boiling water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 large lemon, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
1 bunch fresh mint, washed
2 cups cold water

Brew tea in boiling water, letting steep for 10 minutes. Pour brewed tea into a serving pitcher. Add sugar and lemon, and swirl in the mint, holding it by the stems and using it to stir and dissolve the sugar. When sugar is dissolved, drop mint into pitcher and add 2 cups cold water. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Strain mint out before serving and serve cold.

Comments

Alissa said…
Yum! Definitely going to try this. I have tons of mint that I don't know what to do with.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe