Friday, May 07, 2010

rhubarb delight

When I saw this rhubarb-raspberry betty recipe, I decided I needed it immediately and I would buy rhubarb at the grocery store that afternoon (and hooray for Wegman's for selling locally grown rhubarb!). But by the time I was ready to make it the next day, J. had eaten the stale-ish leftover bread and I was out of luck...

... so I made Kate's rhubarb crumble instead, and it was probably even better. I loved that it had no measurements -- that always makes me feel like a "real" cook -- and it was insanely delicious. This further proves my theory that I never need to find new recipes again because Food Goodness has reached critical mass and everything I need is here. The end!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so glad you liked the crumble, Gwen and that you managed to figure it out without any measurements! Thanks for linking to the rhubarb-raspberry betty recipe - I'm always looking for different ways to use the rhubarb which goes slightly crazy in our garden. I look forward to trying it.

gwen said...

Hi Kate! Excellent, you will have to tell me how it turns out (especially since I will probably never make it because I want to make yours over and over!)

Lynsey James March said...

Isn't it great when you cook without the measurements and everything comes together? I hope it turns out great for you, I love rhubarb

hefk said...

yum.
smitten posted one this weekend too.
"In this version I combined rhubarb, strawberry, and a splash of port wine with a buttery black pepper, pine nut and oat crumble."

bring on this year's rhubarb!