Spinach pesto

I've seen arugula and basil pesto here, but not spinach pesto.
A friend sent me a recipe for spinach pesto a while back, and I've lost it. I haven't however, forgotten about it, and I'm craving pesto. My basil is not ready yet to be picked, so spinach pesto it is.
I didn't have a recipe, but we all know the basic pesto formula, right -- greens, parm cheese, garlic, nuts, olive oil.

I used:
Almost 2 full 9-oz bags of spinach.
Fresh grated Parm cheese
1 1/2 c. walnuts
4 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
olive oil

Whirl in the food processor or blender until the right consistency.
This made A LOT of pesto. We're going to eat it for dinner one night this week, and I'll use some for that tortellini salad Kelly posted a while back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe