Teriyaki Pork Chops

Adapted from: Annie's Eats

I'll be honest - I didn't measure anything. I just opened a zip-lock bag, poured in all of the ingredients, zipped it up and let it marinate all day while I was at work. I cooked the pork chops in a skillet on the stovetop, but the original recipe calls for grilling them. At any rate, the marinate is really good and Todd told me 3 times that we have to remember this marinade because it was so good.

2/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 cloves chopped garlic
dash of ground ginger (use fresh ginger if you have it)
pork chops

Mix all ingredients together in a plastic bag. Add pork chops. Marinate in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. Remove pork chops from marinade and cook with your preferred cooking method. If you want to, you can pour the marinade into a saucepan and boil it for a few minutes and then use this to baste the pork chops as they cook, or reduce to a sauce for the chops. Or not, if you don't want to risk food-borne illness from the raw pork juices. :)

Comments

sokeleng said…
The taste of the teriyaki pork chop is awesome! My husband and kids like the meal very much. Thanks for sharing the recipe. On top of your recipe, I added caramelised pineapple. It gives the pork chop light tangy flavour and it is refreshing. The downsize of this pork chop is it is slightly saltiest (I forgotten to put in brown sugar!). The pork that I bought is a bit tough, therefore I need to use elbow grease with www.bakingfrenzy.com/meat-tenderiser-meat-mallet-p-169.html ( meat mallet) to soften it. Anyway thanks for all the hard works and time to list out the recipes.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe