Looking for some reading...

...that I thought maybe someone out there would be able to help me find. I'm thinking of going mostly vegetarian...maybe keeping meat (turkey, seafood, chicken) in my diet at most three days of the week, and eating vegetarian the other days. Anyway, I'm looking for some reading on how to make that happen, and make meals that Ernie will eat and not miss the meat.
Any suggestions? Also, recipes are always helpful. :)

Also...
Anyone up for another fruit/veggie challenge? One that we actually carry through for an entire week this time? I've been eating like crap lately...not junk food, just not the right food. I'm up for one starting next Monday, if anyone else is up for it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have been considering a similar plan for me & Kev because I'm not comfortable about how my eating has changed since we've been married. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm going to start making your roast chicken recipe at the beginning of a week for him to eat for a few days, and then during the week, I'll make a veggie dish (what he would consider a "side") for us to share.

I'll post some books in a new post.
Alissa said…
heh. I hear you. Todd also considers dishes without meat to be a "side." We have come to some kind of middle ground since we met. He's happy that he's eating better, I'm unhappy because I'm eating worse. So... I'm all for the "Healthy recipes the men will also enjoy" challenge.
Unknown said…
I will say that Ernie really likes tofu, and we eat it about once a week (in stir fry, broiled, etc), but one person can only eat so much tofu, you know? The Gabs likes tofu, too, which makes it appealing...but she's starting to warm up to beans, too.
Alissa said…
I love tofu. Todd won't come near it with a 10-foot pole.

He does like kidney beans, though...

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe