Spinach Dip

At Gwen's request, here is one of the easiest, most instantly gratifying recipe on the planet (outside of a good PB& ham, right Liss?). I don't think she believes me that the recipe is right on the box.


1 pkg. Knorr vegetable dry soup mix (it's in the yellow and green box)
16 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
1 can water chestnuts, chopped coarsely
Mix soup with sour cream. Add spinach and water chestnuts. Chill for at least 1 1/2 hours. Serve with vegetables, crackers, in a pumpernickel bread bowl with 1" bread squares or on a spoon in the middle of the night while you're wearing pajamas.

And now for a few variations:
- 2 packages of spinach instead of one (make sure it's chopped, not cut or you'll be mad)
- use cottage cheese instead of sour cream and use as a sandwich spread

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hefk said…
I'm not making the same easy connection between dip and hair that anon. seems to be able to make. In fact, I'm kind of grossed out.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
Yum. That sounds tasty.

And all the random comment spam is weird.
Alissa said…
Mm. I make this for parties. I hollow out a big round pumpernickel loaf and put the dip in the middle. I've never put water chestnuts in it, though.... that always sounded kind of weird to me.....
Alissa said…
oh, ha. I just saw that you already wrote about the pumpernickel bread bowl. :)

Does anyone have a good recipe for a hot spinach dip? Spinach and artichoke, or something like that?
Unknown said…
I've got one. I'll post it tonight, if I can unearth it. It calls for lots of bad for you stuff, but it tastes so good. It's spinach and artichoke dip.
Alissa said…
yeah, see... that's the problem with spinach dip. It's terrible for you, but tastes so good. I wish I could find a recipe for hot spinach dip that wasn't quite so bad for you....
Unknown said…
I think you could probably take the original recipe and modify it...nonfat cream cheese, nonfat sour cream. I'll look for it tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe