books for Shannon

Laurel's Kitchen (where the spreads came from) is an oldie-but-goodie guide to complete vegetarian nutrition.

I recently got Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home from our library and it also has some good basics. (I'll post the corn & avocado salad)

I love love love my Extending the Table...A World Community Cookbook that I bought years ago at Ten Thousand Villages. It's not actually exclusively vegetarian, but the recipes are from all over the world. (I'll post gallo pinto)

I subscribe to Care2.org's monthly recipe email and that always has some delicious-sounding options.

Comments

Unknown said…
I just went and signed up for the newsletter.
Thanks for the books recommendations. Since my birthday is coming up, I think I'll go update my wishlist with some new cookbooks. :)
Also, Gwen and I both have Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker. I found a bunch of recipes I want to try in there. (will post them, obviously)
Alissa said…
I second the Moosewood cookbooks. I have one from about 5 years ago and it is fantabulous. Sometimes I just read through it like a book and marvel at how they use foods in such different ways from what I normally do.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe