Pumpkin Pancakes

From Allrecipes.com

I was in the mood for pancakes and pumpkin and this is a great way to have both.

2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice (I didn't have any--all I had were cloves and cinnamon so used a 1/4 t of cloves and an additional 1/4 t of cinnamon)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I was out so I used fresh ginger)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
*I also added a dash of vanilla


In one large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In a second bowl, mix the wet ingredients and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix just enough to combine. Grease a hot griddle with oil or butter and pour 1/4 C of batter per pancake. Use more if you like larger pancakes. I sprinkled some toasted walnuts on top of the pancakes while they cooked and they were yummy. The batter is a little thick so I spread it around with a rubber scraper. I could have added more milk but didn't want to dilute the yummy pumpkin flavor. Serve with butter and warmed maple syrup.

p.s. Gwen, this is a great recipe for your iron skillet (even if you're more of a waffle person:>)

Comments

gwen said…
YUM. Those sound delicious. And my skillet is ready to do something other than fry onions, which I ask it to do pretty much every day because it is just so awesome to watch.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe