Smoothies

This isn't much of a recipe, but I've finally figured out a good combination of flavors, so I thought I'd share.

I've been making smoothies with my immersion blender, trying different combinations of ingredients. I make them right in the container that came with my immersion blender.

Start with vanilla soy milk (about a cup or so, depending on how much smoothie you want)
Add a few chunks of frozen banana.
Add a few chunks of frozen mango (Trader Joe's has bags of frozen mango chunks year-round)
Add a few spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt.

Blend. Add more soy milk if it's too thick.

I like the vanilla soy milk for the smooth texture and the sweetness of the vanilla. I don't drink soy milk, but I like it for smoothies. I also found the the yogurt makes a big difference. The smoothies taste a little bland without it - it adds a nice tangy-ness.

I've also tried frozen raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, etc, but the mango and banana is my favorite combination.

that's it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe