Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese and Pecans

From Nigella Lawson (I can't remember which cookbook). I remember she cooked this recipe on Rachel Ray last year around Thanksgiving. I made myself watch the show b/c I love Nigella but Ms. Ray's t.v. persona makes me nutty. We were strolling through the farmer's market this weekend and lots of vendors were selling squash and this recipe came to mind. Yum-o. (Seriously? Did I just write that?)

4.5 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 T o.o.
1/4 C. maple syrup (my addition)
1 C blue cheese, crumbled
1C pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (I used walnuts this time but both are good)

Preheat oven to 450. Toss butternut squash cubes with o.o. and maple syrup and dump into a baking dish. Roast for 30 - 40 minutes until done. Toss with chopped nuts and blue cheese crumbles and serve. We ate it as a main course but it would be a lovely side dish with pork or chicken.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I bought a butterCUP squash at the market yesterday, mostly because it was sort of cute and adorable sitting there (and also local, and also cheap). I wonder if it would be good with this recipe, which sounds delicious?

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe