Goat Cheese Quiche with Hash Brown Crust

Adapted from marthastewart.com.

For someone who doesn't have a lot of time, I sure am banging out these new recipes for dinner. Anyway, this was a tasty quiche and I will definitely be making it again. What's not to love about quiche that already has hash browns involved?

2 tablespoons butter, softened, plus more for pan
1 package (1 pound) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
12 large eggs (I used 9)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream (I used half sour cream and half ff greek yogurt)
1 package (4 to 5 ounces) soft goat cheese, room temperature (I used herbed goat cheese)
4 scallions, thinly sliced (I used 1 C grilled veg leftover from a previous recipe: onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus and zucchini)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a 9-by-2 1/2-inch springform pan with butter. Line the sides of the pan with strips of waxed paper (the same height as pan); brush paper with butter.

Squeeze excess moisture from hash browns (I defrosted my hash browns in the microwave until almost thawed and did not bother squeezing). Mix in a bowl with butter, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pat into bottom and up sides of prepared pan, using a moistened dry measuring cup. Bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes.

In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, goat cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well combined; whisk in 11 remaining eggs. Pour into crust, and sprinkle with scallions. Bake until set, 45 to 50 minutes. Unmold quiche, and peel off waxed paper before serving. Serves 6.

I served this with spring greens and dinner rolls. I felt that 9 eggs were plenty but if I were making this for guests I'd probably do all 12.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe