* 1/2 cup apple cider [I used natural apple juice]
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 1 Tbsp honey
* 1 Tbsp mustard
* 2 Tbsp seasoned dry breadcrumbs [I used plain]
* 4 4oz chicken breasts
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 2 small unpeeled apples, cored and cut into eighths (use Golden delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Pippin, or McIntosh apples) [I have no idea what kind I used, and I sliced them thin... I seriously doubt either one matters much]
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* Fresh parsley
1 Whisk cider, cornstarch, mustard, honey, salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl. Set aside.
2 Spread bread crumbs on a piece of wax paper, lightly coat chicken with crumbs.
3 In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and add the chicken breasts. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken, add apples, and cook until browned on the other side.
4 Add chicken broth, cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
5 With slotted spoon, remove chicken and apples to serving plates. Whisk cider mixture again and add to skillet. Cook and stir over high heat until lightly thickened and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over chicken and apples, sprinkle with parsley.