Salmon with dill, leeks and lemon

Don't you hate it when you buy all the ingredients to make something, and then can't get up the energy or desire to make it?
Oh, is that just me?
In any case, I'd bought all the stuff to make salmon over lentils, and the poor leeks have been languishing in my fridge for far too long. I wasn't in the mood for salmon over lentils tonight, but the salmon had already been taken out of the freezer, so I improvised. Which is often more tasty than the original recipe, and certainly more satisfying. I took the basic inspiration from various recipes I found online, but you know, I sort of just went with the flow.

4 wild salmon fillets (wild salmon is better for a host of reasons, which I'd be happy to get into but I'm sure you already know)
3 leeks, white parts sliced thin
2 lemons, sliced thin
a bunch of dill, cleaned (straight from the garden, baby!)
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. (Open a window, because it gets hot)
In a sauté pan, cook leeks in a little butter or olive oil until they begin to soften. Transfer leeks to the bottom of a baking dish.
Put salmon on top, season with salt and pepper. Lay dill on top of salmon, then cover with lemon slices.
Bake 10-15 minutes in the oven, until almost cooked through. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe