Sweet potato casserole

I like my sweet potatoes to taste like sweet potatoes, with a little bit of stuff added in. So when I looked at the recipe my Gran wanted me to use this year, it looked too sweet to me. I went searching, realized they were probably all to sweet for my liking, and so I adapted this one.

from Pioneer Woman

6 to 8 cups sweet potatoes (I microwaved mine, then scooped out the flesh until I had 8 cups. Took 4-5 sweet potatoes)
1 c. milk
1/2-1 c. sugar (I used 3/4 c. sugar, will probably reduce to 1/2 c. next time. PW calls for 1 c.)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
3/4 stick butter
1 c. pecans
1/2 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar

Add sugar to the sweet potatoes. Now add 1 cup of milk, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mash with potato masher.
Now, in a separate bowl, add 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup pecans, chopped (that means measure a cup of pecans, then chop them), 1/2 cup flour, and 3/4 stick of butter.
With a pastry cutter or fork, mash together until thoroughly combined.
Spread the sweet potato mixture in a regular baking dish, then sprinkle the crumb mixture all over the top. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe